Revel expands Superhub community in NYC, including 136 public charging stalls
Revel’s vibrant blue electrical scooters and Tesla taxis have turn out to be high-visibility options of the New York Metropolis streetscape, and the corporate is testing sensible charging and V2G purposes at its charging websites.
Now Brooklyn-based Revel has introduced plans to open 5 new quick charging Superhubs in NYC, including a complete of 136 public charging stalls. Like Revel’s flagship Superhub in Mattress-Stuy, the brand new websites can be open 24/7 and accessible to all EVs.
Along with serving the general public, Revel’s new charging websites will energy the corporate’s electrical rideshare service, which presently operates 200 Tesla Mannequin Ys.
This represents a significant growth of the Large Apple’s EV charging infrastructure panorama. In accordance with Plugshare, there are presently 71 public CCS quick charging stalls throughout the 5 boroughs. The 136 new chargers will convey Revel’s complete to 160, so the corporate can say that (in the interim) it is going to be working some 80% of New York Metropolis’s public quick charging infrastructure.
Revel’s 5 new Superhubs:
- 60 stalls in Maspeth, Queens—sited on a high traffic hall frequented by many business automobiles
- 30 stalls in Port Morris, The Bronx—the primary public quick charging web site within the borough
- 20 stalls in Pink Hook, Brooklyn
- 16 stalls on the historic Dime constructing in South Williamsburg, Brooklyn—the location will embrace a neighborhood heart that can provide inexperienced jobs coaching to locals
- 10 stalls at Pier 36 on the Decrease East Aspect of Manhattan
The Maspeth, Port Morris, South Williamsburg and Decrease East Aspect websites will open to the general public by the top of 2023, whereas the Pink Hook web site will open in 2024.
“The one means mass EV adoption will ever occur in New York Metropolis is that if the charging infrastructure is there to help it,” stated Revel CEO and co-founder Frank Reig. “We want high-volume, public websites within the neighborhoods the place folks really stay and work, and that’s precisely what Revel is delivering with our rising Superhub community. That is the largest quick charging growth our metropolis has ever seen, and it’s an enormous step towards making our EV transition a actuality.”