Viking introduced its 2024 -2025 World Cruise itineraries, together with the brand new Viking World Voyage I, which sails all over the world in 180 days, visiting 37 international locations and 85 ports, with in a single day stays in 13 iconic cities. Setting sail on December 19, 2024, from Fort Lauderdale, the itinerary will embody ports of name throughout 5 continents and can fully circumnavigate the globe when it returns to america for its remaining port in New York on June 17, 2025. At the moment’s announcement of the brand new World Cruises comes at a time of document gross sales for Viking, with the launch of Viking’s new twenty fifth Anniversary Sale on January 1 ensuing within the highest variety of bookings in a single week within the firm’s historical past. On January 9 alone, Viking had its strongest single gross sales day ever.
“For 25 years, we’ve been dedicated to offering our friends with immersive and culturally enriching experiences whereas touring the world in consolation,” stated Torstein Hagen, Chairman of Viking. “Our earlier World Cruises bought out in a matter of weeks, and we proceed to see sturdy demand from our friends for prolonged voyages. Our seamless World Cruises are the best of all adventures and permit friends to discover extra of the world with us.”
Visitors crusing on Viking’s award-winning 930-guest ship, the Viking Sky®, will discover ports of name in Central America; transit the Panama Canal; journey up the West Coast of North America earlier than crossing the Pacific Ocean and calling upon the Hawaiian islands and French Polynesia; traverse New Zealand and Australia; and sail by way of Asia, the Center East, the Mediterranean and Northern Europe earlier than crossing the Atlantic and concluding in New York. A shorter 163-day portion of the crusing, Viking World Voyage II, departs from Los Angeles on January 5, 2025 and visits 29 international locations and 78 ports earlier than ending in New York. Visitors might also select the 138-day Viking World Cruise itinerary from Ft. Lauderdale to London or the 121-day voyage, Viking World Journeys which departs from Los Angeles and visits 23 international locations earlier than ending in London.
2024-2025 World Cruise Itinerary Highlights:
Viking’s latest World Cruise itineraries go to dozens of the world’s most iconic cities, alongside lesser-known locations, in a single steady itinerary. In a single day stays in 13 ports, corresponding to Sydney, Haifa, Singapore and Istanbul, and double overnights in Auckland, Bali, Ho Chi Minh, Yangon, Mumbai and Bergen, permit friends to delve deeper. Whereas on board, Viking provides cultural enrichment by way of onboard lectures and leisure – such because the Viking Resident Historian® program, which supplies friends with a high-level historic and cultural schooling particular to their journey. Visitors will immerse themselves on the planet’s wealthy cultures throughout included excursions that present unmatched perception into every day life, in addition to Privileged Entry® visits to cultural establishments. Highlights of the brand new 2024-2025Viking World Cruise itineraries embody:
- Auckland, New Zealand: Cultural Capital of New Zealand – Set between the harbors of Waitematā and Manukau, friends will expertise three days in New Zealand’s cosmopolitan metropolis of Auckland, recognized for its award-winning wines, tree-lined parks and love of cruising.
- Singapore, Singapore: A Melting Pot of Cultures – Witness the exceptional cultural range of Singapore throughout an in a single day keep. Take a tour of the town’s eclectic neighborhoods, from Little India to Arab Avenue, go to the futuristic horticultural park showcasing a couple of million vegetation, or get pleasure from a Evening Safari on the world’s first nocturnal wildlife park.
- Mumbai, India: A Metropolis of Previous and New – Whereas in port within the bustling metropolis of Mumbai for 3 days, friends have extra time ashore to be taught in regards to the life and legacy of activist Mahatma Gandhi, benefit from the Hanging Gardens, one of many prized few parks discovered within the metropolis, and discover the range of its neighborhoods, from the picturesque slender streets of Previous Mumbai to the colourful markets within the metropolis’s middle.
- Istanbul, Turkey: The place East Meets West – Visitors will get pleasure from ample time to expertise this historic metropolis throughout an in a single day keep. Straddled throughout two continents and the Bosporus Strait, Istanbul provides a wealth of spiritual websites to discover such because the spectacular Blue Mosque or the legendary Hagia Sophia, and boasts scrumptious fusion delicacies, combining recent Mediterranean fare with spices from the Far East and Asia.
- London (Greenwich), England: The Royal Borough – Visitors will get pleasure from exploring the historic Royal Borough of Greenwich, London on the Thames River, permitting quick access to the regal capital’s iconic sights, together with the Tower of London, Homes of Parliament, Massive Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
- New York Metropolis, New York: The Metropolis That By no means Sleeps – The epic Viking World Voyage I and Viking World Voyage II journeys conclude in New York Metropolis, the place friends can take within the exhilarating streets of Decrease Manhattan’s monetary district to the intimate warrens of Greenwich Village. Town options one thing for all friends with tradition, delicacies and architectural magnificence.
The Viking Sky
Viking’s ocean ships have a gross tonnage of 47,800 tons, with 465 staterooms that may host 930 friends. Viking’s award-winning ocean fleet consists of the Viking Star®, Viking Sea®, Viking Sky®, Viking Orion®, Viking Jupiter®, Viking Venus®, Viking Mars® and Viking Neptune®. The Viking Saturn® will be a part of the fleet in 2023. Categorized by Cruise Critic as “small ships,” Viking’s ocean fleet options fashionable Scandinavian design with elegant touches, intimate areas and a focus to element. Highlights embody:
- All Veranda Staterooms: Visitors can select from 5 stateroom classes, ranging from 270 sq. ft. Veranda Staterooms, all with non-public verandas, sweeping views of the vacation spot and premium facilities that embody king-size beds with luxurious linens, generously proportioned closets, massive interactive flat-screen LCD TVs with movies-on-demand, free Wi-Fi and award-winning bogs with massive showers, premium Freyja® tub merchandise and heated flooring.
- Explorer Suites: The ships function 14 Explorer Suites, that are two-room suites starting from 757 to 1,163 sq. ft. With expansive views from wraparound non-public verandas, in addition to probably the most facilities and privileges of any class on board, Explorer Suites supply the last word sanctuary for World Cruise friends.
- Two Pool Selections: Along with the Predominant Pool with a retractable roof allowing any-season swimming, the ships function a first-of-its-kind glass-backed Infinity Pool cantilevered off the strict, permitting friends to swim surrounded by their vacation spot.
- The Spa: In line with Viking’s Nordic heritage, The Spa on board is designed with the holistic wellness philosophy of Scandinavia in thoughts—from the centuries-old custom of the sauna to a Snow Grotto the place snowflakes gently descend from the ceiling by way of chilled air.
- Explorers’ Lounge and Mamsen’s: Share a cocktail with pals. Linger over a Norwegian breakfast and a nautical historical past guide. The Explorers’ Lounge and Mamsen’s connoisseur deli are considerate areas situated on the bow of the ship and designed to symbolize the Scandinavian spirit for full leisure and for marveling at sweeping views by way of double-height home windows.
- The Wintergarden: Visitors on the lookout for serenity will discover it within the Wintergarden. On this elegant house below a cover of Scandinavian trellised wooden, friends can take pleasure in afternoon tea service.
- Eating Selections: Viking’s ships supply eight eating choices, all with no extra cost or charge—from high quality eating in The Restaurant, which serves three full meals and a wide range of culinary choices, and the World Café, which options worldwide fare and regional specialties together with a sushi and seafood chilly bar—to intimate various eating experiences at The Chef’s Desk, which provides a multi-course tasting menu with wine pairings, and Manfredi’s, which options freshly ready pastas and Italian favorites. The Pool Grill focuses on connoisseur burgers, whereas afternoon tea and scones can be found within the Wintergarden. Mamsen’s serves Norwegian deli-style fare, and complimentary 24-hour room service permits all friends to get pleasure from many signature dishes within the consolation of their stateroom. Moreover, with a number of decisions for out of doors seating throughout meals, Viking’s ocean ships supply probably the most al fresco eating at sea. Moreover, The Kitchen Desk focuses on regional dishes from market to desk.
- Cultural Enrichment: Viking experiences from ship to shore are designed for unparalleled entry and cultural enrichment. Viking Resident Historians ship high-level historic and cultural schooling particular to the journey, providing invaluable perception into the wealthy historical past of the vacation spot. Visitor Lecturers who’re specialists of their fields make clear the vacation spot’s artwork, structure, music, geopolitics, pure world and extra. Vacation spot Performances symbolize probably the most iconic cultural performing arts of the area—whether or not or not it’s Italian opera or Portuguese fado. Resident Classical Musicians—pianists, guitarists, violinists and flautists—carry out classical compositions all through the ships. And Culinary Lessons in The Kitchen Desk, Viking’s onboard cooking faculty, deal with regional delicacies.
- Nordic Inspiration: Even the smallest particulars take their inspiration from the exploratory spirit of the unique Vikings, reflecting deeply held Nordic traditions. Mild wooden grains, touches of slate and teak, Swedish limestone and aromatic juniper seem all through the general public areas and Spa. The Clinker-built design of the Viking Bar mirrors the development fashion of the unique Viking Longships. A Viking Heritage Middle supplies historical past and context from the Viking Age. And characters from Norse Mythology are subtly included into the design, offering curious friends with inspiration to additional discover Viking’s Nordic heritage.
From now by way of March 31, 2023, Viking is providing particular financial savings for World Cruise friends together with enterprise class air, floor transfers to and from the ship, all onboard gratuities and repair charges, complimentary visa service and Silver Spirits beverage bundle, which incorporates just about all drinks on board, in addition to free baggage transport companies for embarkation. Plus, all World Cruise friends obtain $2,000 per individual shore excursions credit score, which can be utilized in direction of non-obligatory shore excursions or overland excursions, in addition to $1,000 per individual shipboard credit score for spa companies, onboard retailers and laundry. Viking Explorer Society Members obtain a further $1,000 per individual shipboard credit score.
Name Viking toll free at 1-855-8-VIKING (1-855-884-5464) or contact a journey agent for particulars.